- DO keep your distance - If the pup has a fluffy white coat it still needs it´s mother. She will only return to feed her pup when she feels it is safe to do so.
- DON´T attempt to handle the pup - It is a wild animal, it may bite and can carry infectious diseases. The mother may reject the pup if it is handled.
- DON´T attempt to put the pup in the sea - It may be out of the water for a good reason.
- DON´T ignore the situation - If the pup is thin, injured or seems unwell (noisy breathing, coughing, runny nose) it probably needs help.
- DO tell an appropriate organisation - Telephone The Scottish SEA LIFE Sanctuary on 01631 720386, or your nearest SSPCA officer. Wherever you live around the world, check out your nearest rescue organisation. Be ready to get help when you discover an injured animal.